The Insurers Association of Zambia (IAZ) is a member organisation for all licensed insurers and re- insurers companies in the country. IAZ was formed in 1997 by the first few insurance companies that were licensed following the liberalisation of the economy.
2020 Insurance Week
New Executive Board
On Friday 28th August 2020, the Insurers Association of Zambia (IAZ) held an elective annual general meeting, using the Zoom online platform. The Association is comprised of all licensed insurance and reinsurance companies in Zambia; and it focuses on industry development, consumer education, lobbying and enhancing professionalism.
The new Board is comprised of experienced members of the insurance industry, who are committed to see insurance grow as a vital financial service. The Board will serve a two-year renewable term. With less than 3% of Zambians using insurance, it is important that the sector continues to provide innovative products, and to educate the general public on its benefits.
The New Board members are:
1. President – Christabel Banda (CEO – ZSIC Life Assurance Company)
2. Vice President – Webster Chigwende (CEO – Emeritus Re-insurance)
3. Immediate Past President – Paul Nkhoma (Hollard General Insurance)
4. Re-insurance Council Chairperson – Ronald Kasapatu (CEO – ZEP Re-insurance)
5. General Insurance Council Chairperson – Moses Siame (CEO – Professional Insurance Company Zambia)
6. Life Assurance Council Chairperson – Barbara Mwandila (Hollard Life Assurance Company)
7. General Insurance Council Member – Charles Madziva (CEO – General Alliance Insurance Company)
8. Life Assurance Council Member – Chabala Mumbi (CEO – Metropolitan Life Assurance Company)
9. Finance and Administration Committee Chairperson – Mundia Mundia (CFO – Madison General Insurance Company)